- Information About Treatment - Your health information may be used to send you information that you may find interesting on the treatment and management of your medical condition. We may also send you information describing other health-related products and services that we believe may interest you.
You have certain rights under the federal privacy standards. These include:
- the right to request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your protected health information
- the right to receive confidential communications concerning your medical condition and treatment
- the right to inspect and copy your protected health information
- the right to amend or submit corrections to your protected health information
- the right to receive an accounting or how and to whom your protected health information has been disclosed
- the right to receive a printed copy of this notice
NORTHWEST TENNESSEE CARDIOLOGY CLINIC, P.C.'S DUTIES
We are required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected health information and to provide you with this notice of privacy practices.
We are also required to abide by the privacy policies and practices that are outlined in this notice.
RIGHT TO REVISE PRIVACY PRACTICES
As permitted by lay, we reserve the right to amend or modify our privacy policies and practices. These changes in our policies and practices may be required changes in federal and state law regulations. Upon request, we will provide you with the most recently revised notice on any office visit. The revised policies and practices will be applied to all protected health information we maintain.
REQUESTS TO INSPECT PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
You may generally inspect or copy the protected health information that we maintain. As permitted by federal regulation, we require that requests to inspect of copy protected health information be submitted in writing. You may obtain a form to request access to your records by contacting the Receptionist or the Privacy Officer. Your request will be reviewed and will generally be approved unless there are legal or medical reasons to deny the request.
COMMENTS OR REQUESTS
If you would like to submit a comment or complaint about our privacy practices, you can do so by sending a letter outlining your concerns to the contact person set forth below. Additionally, if you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you should call the matter to our attention by sending a letter describing the cause of your concern to the same address. You will not be penalized or otherwise retaliated against for filing a complaint.
The name and address of the person you contact for further information concerning our privacy practices is:
Northwest Tennessee Cardiology Clinic, P.C.
1304 Medical Park Circle
Union City, Tennessee 38261
This notice is effective on or after April 14, 2003.
A copy of the above Notice of Privacy Practices may be downloaded here.